SAMPLE ART COMMISSION CONTRACT
This agreement is made the ______ day of ______________, _______ (year) by and between:
WHEREAS Artist will create that certain work of art ("the work"):
Title: SAMPLE COMMISSION
by Topher Straus Dimensions: TBA X TBA X 1.5 in
Media: Dye Sublimation on Aluminum
Price: $TBD USD (not including sales tax and shipping fee of $TBD)
WHEREAS the parties want the artist to have certain rights in the future economics and integrity of the work. The parties mutually agree as follows:
- The Project: Collector is commissioning an original painting to be sublimated on aluminum measuring TBD X TBD inches created by the Artist. Subject matter will be inspired by collector’s photograph and painting. The image will be... (We will work on a specific description together) Painting to be completed within 30 days of initial payment. The artist will accommodate reasonable change requests without charge.
(Note: If during the creative process the client rejects the work and all attempts to alter the work to the client’s approval, then the client forfeits the initial payment including half of tax and half shipping fee and the commission is terminated.)
- Timeline: From the date the deposit is received, the artist will have two weeks to complete the initial concept. Upon acceptance of the concept, the artist will have two weeks to provide to the client photographs of the work in progress for inspection. Upon substantial completion, the artist will, through photographs, make the piece available to the client. A two hour creative collaboration at artist studio is included in which the client and artist will work together to finalize the image. Prior to delivery, the client will be given the opportunity to inspect the finished artwork for final feedback.
- Copyright: Artist reserves the common-law copyright to work commissioned by Collector that are created by the Artist, including all reproduction rights and the right to claim statutory copyright. Artist agrees that collector will own the only physical print of the work but artist may use the image digitally.
- No work may be reproduced by Collector or modified without the prior written approval of Artist.
- Payment Amounts: Parties will agree to the price of $TBD not including crate fee, insured shipping or tax. The crate and shipping fee is $TBD and tax rate is %4.5
- Total cost is $ TBD
- Payment Terms: A nonrefundable deposit of half of the total price is required before work commences of $TBD. Artist will invoice through Reel Dreams LLC to be payable with a check or credit card. An invoice will be sent upon agreement to these terms. The final half of payment in full is due upon completion and clients approval of artwork(s).
- Attorney’s Fees: In any proceeding to enforce any part of this contract, the aggrieved party shall be entitled to reasonable attorneys’ fees in addition to any available remedy.
WHEREOF the parties hereto have executed this Agreement on the day and year written above.